Saturday, August 8, 2015

Clayton Kershaw auto


This card is up there on my list of favorite cards that I picked up while at the National. I did a  quite a bit of trading while there to be able to acquire this card. I started with a Gerrit Cole, which I traded for a Lou Brock 5 Star auto and a Matt Adams tier one silver auto /10. I then traded the Matt Adams to a kid from Instagram that I meet up with for a Manny Machado tribute auto which was graded a 9/10, then I traded that straight up for this 2009 Topps 206 Clayton Kershaw auto. 

I basically got this card for $12 which is what I paid for the Gerrit Cole auto. There is no doubt that I got the better end in all the those trades I did. This is one  thing that I love to do in the hobby, is to keep trading until you get and really insane or decent card for almost nothing.

In my last post I said that I was going to do a lot of just HOF stuff, well if my predictions are right and Kershaw can keep producing what he has he will be a no doubt hall of famer in the future to come. I mean the kid has a career era of 2.48 in 7 years and is one of today's most dominate pitchers ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment